Atlanta Wedding Cupcakes
Photo from Gigi’s Cupcakes
According to The Wedding Specialists.net, “Cupcakes can be a beautiful and delicious alternative to a traditional wedding cake without sacrificing taste, style or creativity.”
Benefits of Wedding Cupcakes:
- Cupcakes are usually more affordable than a traditional wedding cake
- Cupcakes don’t require as much cleaning up (which, personally, makes my ears perks up right there, as I am all about the not-having-to-clean-up)
- Cupcakes provide an easy way for couples to choose a variety of flavors
And don’t make the mistake of thinking that you can only serve cupcakes if it’s a small gathering. You can find beautiful wedding cupcake stands for 100 cupcakes — and I even found a cupcake stand that holds 200 cupcakes!
So if you’re in the Atlanta area and looking to give wedding cupcakes a try, where can you go?
1) Cuppalicious is family owned and operated by Hannah and Don Humphries. It was “born out of the God-given talents of the members of our family.”
Some of their cupcake flavors that caught my eye were The Reverse (rich moist chocolate cake with madagascar bourbon vanilla butter cream icing) and Peanut Butter Cup (I am a sucker for peanut-butter and chocolate together in any form.) And that strawberry one in the photo below looks pretty darn good, too!
2) Gigi’s Cupcakes — There are many Gigi’s Cupcakes locations, but the one on Roswell Road in Buckhead is owned by Sarah Harberts, who was first introduced to Gigi’s when she was driving through Nashville and one day and noticed that the line by a Gigi’s Cupcakes sign was out the door.
The two flavors that grabbed me on their website were Banana Cream Pie and Spiced Apple Cider.
3) For Goodness Cakes is located in Norcross and owned by Melonie Stanger, who was a software developer with Delta Air Lines when she first “gave in” and accompanied a friend to a cake decorating class.
Melonie creates traditional wedding and groom’s cakes as well as cupcakes. Her website offers a free Cake Portion Guide entitled “How much cake do I need?”
Whichever cupcakes you choose, be sure to set one aside for your wedding pianist!
… well, sort of! 😉